Monday, March 17, 2014

Car Boot Sale at St. Helens.


Hello its me again (I have no idea why I always feel inclined to have a word of greeting at the start of each post) writing from my usual spot in my bedroom.

Its a Sunday night and I am not entirely sure what I'm supposed to be doing. Actually... I do. I'm just putting it off as always. I've done next to nothing the whole day and I hate myself for it. SEE. This is my problem; I always make plans for the next day, and when the day comes I keep putting off whatever it is I have planned for absolutely no reason. 

I need to change, and it will need to happen immediately.

Right after I finish this post and that huge batch of strawberries I have in hand (need to put them all in my tummy before any of it goes bad). I promise.

Fortunately enough, today was not entirely a waste; Woke up at eight in the morning and headed for a carboot sale in St Helen's, scouted by Helmie. Unfortunately though the things being sold were very... Meh.


The sale spans across an entire car park, and also occupies three floors of the NCP building next to it. According to Helmie it used to be a lot bigger than it is now; apparently it used to occupy the entire 6 levels or so of the NCP. *gasps*

Syasya and I came out of it empty handed; the only thing that caught my eye being a set of 4 soup mugs that were identical to the ones my family used to have. Would've bargained for it, but I am strongly convinced that those mugs are still at home... somewhere. 

Don't get me wrong; I love scrounging for and reusing things that some people consider trash, useless and no longer of value... but I stopped myself since I currently have my eyes set on this old brass pineapple on eBay and lets just say that a couple of us are fighting it out for this thing and I am prepared to WIN it.

Helmie and Aman came out with a rotating fan and glass chess set costing 3.50 and 2 pounds respectively.

It was an unexpectedly cold day. Actually, every day that came after Tuesday were considered unexpectedly cold since no one anticipated the weather to change drastically from sunny and warm straight back to gloomy, windy and downright cold.

Although it is extremely naïve of everyone... because Manchester's weather has never been anything BUT predictable.

Not wanting to head straight back home after our 'haul', we googled a place that serves breakfast and came across this cosy little cafe called Toast Coffee House & Café.


After a serving of fluffy American pancakes, mushroom and cheese sandwiches and rich veggie English breakfasts, we went home, where I proceeded to resume my Sunday sleep.

No comments: