Wednesday, November 30, 2011

In Sickness and In Health.

Being sick... sucks.

Big time. 

I mean. F this. I always feel suicidal whenever I get sick, because I'd get so unproductive! All I'd do all day is roll around in bed. If I try to read a book; I get a headache. And don't get me started with staring into the laptop screen... Dizziness WILL ensue.

I don't usually layan my sickness because I do believe that that prolongs everything. But heck, when your nose starts running like a river post-rainstorm and drips onto your work, and when you stuff tissues into them you suffocate... then... (T_____T)

FML.

So yes, I do believe that one of the only other thing that I am capable of doing when in this condition (other than eating all sorts of nonsense around the house that does not benefit me in any way... at all, in health or not) is blogging.

Though I have to do it lying down on the bed so nothing from my nose drips onto my keyboard and with the screen brightness at 1/16. Pfft. Basically if I go any lower, my screen just turns pitch black.



I'm not gonna blog about the colour of my mucous though, coz really. Thats highly unnecessary. They're mossy-ish karat-ish yellow by the way.

HNGGG.

So on Sunday, I headed to my cousin's home for a kenduri held in conjunction with the circumcision of six young boys. I love food, though for some reason, I didn't get to eat a lot that week... what with the pressures of a submission and presentation on Friday. Food just had to come second or never behind everything else.

Thus I was more than thrilled to see food (and mounts of it) served in front of my very eyes. And are available at all times just in case you need refills or feel like going for that second round. 

In between all the eating, the cousins and I somehow managed to plan a cousin's night out to watch a movie. Namely; Breaking Dawn. And since I was heading to campus anyways a little after that, I volunteered to purchase the tickets.

College on a Sunday. I KNOW. But I had to do it because I got a little neurotic since I had my re-submission done days earlier... and for some reason, whenever I finish my work early, I'll always find out that something is wrong with it, or its just plain unsatisfactory. So I spent less than 15 minutes on campus JUST to re-measure everything and make sure I get everything and miss out on NOTHING.

I don't think I'll be able to handle another 'D' yo. (T___T)

Headed to The Curve to purchase tickets, because all the screenings for Breaking Dawn are sold out or fully booked. WTF GILA. Decided to give up at one point coz WEIII from the highway to The Curve pun took about 40 minutes! And when I reached the parking entrance, the guard shoo-ed me away coz it was full.

Almost gave up until I remembered I hadn't done my Zuhur and its already 4 pm ++, AND IKEA meatballs / ice cream sounded nice (I must be CRAZY to think IKEA would be any less packed than The Curve... something is wrong with me).

So I parked at IPC (Ikano Power Centre, the abbreviation sucks) and finding a parking spot inside the compounds itself already took me more than half an hour as well. *die* But I figured; Ah WTF I have nothing to lose anyways (except my Zuhur... which I missed in the end) so I rounded the whole place about four times, constantly stopping myself from cursing at people who just entered and straight away nabs a spot.

Alhamdulillah, all went well; Got a parking spot, headed to purchase tickets (without a hassle) and it wasn't even full... at all. Pfff. Contemplated on whether it was worth it to brave the queue for a 1 MYR ice cream and... Eh hello. Kerja gila. Went back home, had an impromptu barbecue with the family (nasi lemak and bbq-ed shrimp, fish and squid. Mmm) ...





... and headed out just when the Malaysia VS Bahrain games kicked off.

OH DEAR GOD THIS IS ONE LONG. LONGGG. POST. WTF.

And so to continue; (I'm sick, and taking a break from doing my assignment. So yea forgive me please).


BREAKING DAWN.
*cue the OOooOOooooo part of Bruno Mar's 'It Will Rain'*

I thought the movie was great. So I honestly don't get why a lot of people reacted badly towards it. Out of all the Twilight series that's came out; I personally think this was the best.

Though Edward started to become less appealing from the second movie onwards because for some reason the people behind make-up just purposely made him look even more pale. Oh and also because of those airbrushed six packs. 

Fail.

Actually I think the whole Cullen clan just looked dead (or in this case, MORE dead if thats even possible) beginning from New Moon.

And as much as I love puppies, dogs, foxes, wolves and werewolves, I was never really a part of Team Jacob (except for that nanosecond when Edward revealed his shiny glittering 'abs' to the sun in a suicidal attempt before being saved by Bella and then tried fighting the Volturi trio in a robe that looked more like a velvet dress than anything else).

Though I am glad that he imprinted on Renesmee (Never understood this name when I first read the book, still don't years after) because at the very least he gets a little bit of Bella in his life.

No spoilers coming from me. Okay except maybe one;

The only thing I'm not satisfied with was the fact that they cut off the scene where Bella gives birth. Right after Bella's bones crack, the screen just jumps into a scene showing her internal organs just burning or something. 

At first I thought this was due to her giving birth (to emphasize the pain) but then it just shifts to Rosalie holding a blanketed Renesmee. That was when it hit me that the burning and very The Exorcist-like scene before was actually Bella's reactions after having Edward's venom injected into her system.

Which is why I think people who didn't read the book would find it hard to find out what the f*** was going on.

The scene where they had rough vampire sex? Well, I don't mind that they cut that off as much, because we had five underaged children with us, and even though I know children nowadays are exposed enough already, I am more comfortable thinking that they don't really know what on Earth sex is.

Plus you can find that shit on YouTube. Someone will upload it sooner or later.

After the movie ended, the whole pack of us headed to Williams for some supper. Some rather heavy supper, may I add.

The experience was just so... LULZY. Whatever that word even means.

I mean, the first time I was there I have to admit I got confused as well because they didn't have menus. So in other words; You have an infinite choice of food to eat. You dream of a moment like it, and yet when you're placed in that situation, your mind just sort of erases your memory of every food you've ever eaten and every food that you know the names of.

But bringing a whole lot of youngsters along with the ride? Not very entertaining, I tell ya.

They were just as confused as.... (-_____-) And there were only four of us who knew the drill, so after about 10 minutes everyone finally decided on what to have.

When all our food and ginormous drinks arrived, my cousin spotted none other than Khairul Fahmi himself. Malaysia's beacon of hope in terms of football. 


Thats me holding the fork. #Hipster #WTF

We actually didn't want to disturb him (especially since Malaysia lost 3-2) though the temptation was... unbearable really. 

Fortunately throughout our entire time there the taukeh visited our table a couple times and made some really bad jokes. Bad, but funny nonetheless. For example, how the pannacotta they served was more delicious in comparison to most other places coz it was made by a Kelantanese. In which he then told us that the Kelantanese would call the pannacotta... pannakote. (T____T)

WAI ARE YOU LAIK DISZ MISTER WILLIAMS.

And when we were about to leave he basically forced us to take a picture with Khairul Fahmi. Which was awesome + embarrassing because of all the commotion coming from the ten of us. OMG. 

So here you go;


OMG HE'S LIKE, ONE FINGER TALLER THAN ME.
(If a finger is ever normally used as a measuring instrument)

To end this post, here's a picture of me tying what was initially on my head before Williams;


In love with the idea of turban headscarves and how I can just leave the house in it, and completely disregard how my hair looks like. Not that I ever really DO care how my hair looks like... or my appearance as a whole anyways... so...

Goodbye.

No comments: