Monday, November 14, 2011

D.

Redo. Alhamdulillah. Now to not make a waste of this second chance.




* edit*

Its crazy. If you asked me about a year ago whether I would want to join my family for a holiday or to stay back just so I wouldn't have to miss classes, I'd probably just scoff and tell you exactly how stupid I think your question is. 

I'd of course, without much hesitance (or most probably none at all) would choose to travel.

But its different now. 

Lets just say that the family is planning a trip to an European country and afterwards, my second favourite place on Earth (so far) and I am actually in doubt. As in, seriously considering to count myself out of experiencing new territory and revisiting the one I've been to and love.

I find it to be pretty f*cked up, if I may say so. For one; Who knows exactly when I'll make it to that European country if I don't go this December. Well yes, I do have dreams, or rather; ambitions about making it big and having an insufferable amount of money that I'd put into buying one home, about twelve cars and of course; to travel the world.. but that might take me a lot longer than I expected.

*cough*tenyearsfromnow*cough*

Second: Its as if I'm taking this blessing for granted. Many others would loveeee to see themselves walking through the streets of this European country, yet I, who is given the opportunity to do so... am still weighing the pros and cons. As if there is ever a need for one in cases like these.

.... I guess its a good thing that my parents have already confirmed everything, and thus; I'll be going to Italy and Great Britain this December. 

Alhamdulillah, praise to the Almighty for allowing me to travel to so many different countries this year and witness the beauty of  those places that He created.

Other than that I think its important that I justify the reasons why I even considered to stay back home, alone when the rest of my family is out walking on cobbled streets and eating gelato for breakfast everyday.

For one; Assignments. I admit that the need to stay back for the sake of only this was elevated when I found out that I got a 'D' on my recent submission. A 'D'. Which is unacceptable, but Alhamdulillah our lecturers were kind enough to allow each one of us to re-submit. Lets face it; If they don't, we're all pretty much f*cked.

And the revelation that I received a 'D' shocks me, still. To this day. Honestly, I did expect such a grade seeing as how the quality of my work is far worse than most people. But a 'D' is, well... a 'D'. Theres no more word to it. The letter itself just screams 'FAILURE'. And I didn't take it as well as I imagined I would. 

I feel that its important that I not take anything for granted. I may have made my way onto the Dean's List last semester, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'll be on it forever. Truthfully I may have gotten a bit too comfortable being in that position.

I need to (always) remind myself to stay grounded and to not forget that I didn't get there without working hard for it.

And of course to never again forget my obligations to the Almighty, for He is The One who determines the outcome of my efforts in the end. InsyaAllah.

No comments: