Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Step Closer!


World Cup 2010 Finals:

SPAIN vs NEDERLANDS

Coz whaddaya know, lil old Paul : The Psychic Octopus gets it right... again! But the match between Spain and Germany was not dependent on luck and the very reputation of a spineless octopus. And I refuse to believe that there exists such thing as an oracle octopus. Khurafat, we Muslims call it.

Hi. My name is Paul. I'm considered psychic because I choose to eat the food served to me in a box with a country's flag that will coincidentally win the match later. 

His fmylife.com  entry:

Today, I made a prediction that Spain will win over Germany in the World Cup semi-finals. I was right. Now, I'm pretty sure I'll be dead by tomorrow coz many people are threatening to chop me up, put me on top a BBQ grill, and serve me to one too many victory hungry Germans. FML.

Paul out of the picture, the Spain x Germany match was AWESOME to watch. Bloody nerve wrecking as well. This is basically what comes out of my mouth throughout:

O-M-G, O-M-G, O-M-G 

Kinda annoying. And you thought no person uses abbreviations in real life.

The match was also kinda frustrating. Given that Spain had HEAPS of chances to score but didn't. I honestly was contemplating on flying over to Durban and move the goal post a little to the right during the second half. Coz that was where the Spaniards kept kicking it towards.

Villa's face: PRICELESS.

 (Source: NJ)

BUT they made up for it! Congratulations Puyol! I beg your forgiveness for having said quite mean things considering your hair. But I mean, maybe there IS a way you can be flattered when compared to a member of The Black Sabbath or lets say... Slash? TEEHEE.

I'd like to applaud Xabi Alonso for his many trials (and perhaps tribulations) in trying to score a goal. His efforts should be recognized! 

Honestly, I was kinda hoping that Torres would get to score during the final 10 minutes when he was sent into the field, coz WEI. That'll get people to shut up about him not being up to form in this World Cup. Oh okay well, he actually isn't... but could you imagine what it'd be like if he DID score? DUDE. Cheers all over! Oh yeahhh. There was actually that chance but Pedro got a little selfish there. Tsktsk.

Did I mention the match was so nerve wrecking? I did, didn't I. Coz it was. What? Nerve wrecking. (GREATT I've resorted to asking my own questions now). Especially that one shot by Trochowski (I'm obviously referring to the World Cup app on my phone, coz bloody hell, I can only really name a few football players) that CASILLAS pushed away!

(Wow, pushed away. Sooo not football language. LOL.)

IKER CASILLAS IS A-W-E-S-O-M-E, spelled cheerleading style babies! Best goalkeeper! OH YEAH!

Can you tell that I'm still quite MEGA HYPED UP over La Furia Roja's win?!? WELL I AM!!! I'm glad that although Germany's my second favourite, I didn't give up on Spain! 

I LOVE YOU LA FURIA ROJA!

Oh, and another thing is, I downloaded this Virtual Vuvuzela app on my phone. HAH! Super fun + annoying at the same time. LMAO.

Now, FINALS! Spaniards, you've gotten this far! You've proven that you don't need your coach to wear a sweater he refuses to wash coz of its 'good luck', you don't need to counter attack every bloody time, you don't need 4 goals to bring down a team, and LOTS MORE! 

So come on come on! Its time to FINISH THIS and bring that cup homeeee, boys! Hopefully, Fabregas gets some time on the field as well. 


Now, I need to get back to studying. TOODLES!


P/S: I think Torres looks better as a short-haired brunette rather than a long blondie. Yes? No? A friend of mine disagrees. Oh well. I AM always biased towards dark-haired men. *coughs*Fabregas*coughs*Villa*coughs*Kaka. HEEEE.


1 comment:

AshrafRashid said...

wowo many star player x on form masa world cup sbb their national manager doesn't know them well as a club do...they didn't know how to keep them in pace..good striker..thats why diorg x on form...especially rooney, MAINLY england...they have VERY GOOD player..WORLD CLASS beb..x tipu..but once diorg main for their country..JADI MACAM _________...-__-"...bcause most of their football lifes played for the clubs..:)