Friday, July 9, 2010

Should I Be Flattered?


So I was going through a few blogs, of the closely networked and the not. And uhhh lets say I'm just about confused on how I feel about people copying my blog posts and putting it on theirs. 

I mean, I can't help but feel a little flattered that someone out there considers my musings worthy enough to actually be copied, pasted and posted again. But then again, I am also a little furious. 

Recently I've learned about copyrights, plagiarism, and sewaktu dengannya. (Nowwww I see the significance of that one hour lecture that I was fighting to not doze off in.) And if I'm correct; the actions of this person is wrong. Yes? 

Because what I write here is the product of my own creativity. Its mine. Everything is freshly squeezed out from my mind and poured into this virtual diary. Although theres not much effort put out into creating a post, still, I'm quite offended when someone takes it in as their own, somehow projecting to the world that what was actually taken from me is actually, really coming from them.

Come on people. What you put on your blog should be up to your own creativity. Why do you feel the need to copy others? You get no satisfaction for doing that. What if people praise you and love you for that piece you've basically stolen? I mean. Would you reaaaallllyyyy feel complacent if that happens?

A blog is supposed to portray you. Your individuality. But when you put in it, another person's rants and ramblings, well.... the blog is no longer of your essences. You're cheating yourself, you're cheating on the people who reads your blog, etc. Not so nice kan?

Now I'm not gonna give a heads up on who I'm talking about exactly. I don't take pride in embarrassing others. So, if you're reading this, and I'm pretty sure you will eventually (since you copy from me and all), I honestly hope you'd stop.

Blogging is supposed to be real fun. And you're taking the fun out of it. Trust me, TRY to put your own thoughts into your blog and you'll eventually find out how good it feels. Writing is blog is not just a matter of telling your friends/readers about your day, its not about gaining popularity in the virtual world, but theres a certain unexplainable HIGH to it. And when you get the itch, you can't stop scratching! LOL.

Promise me you'd try it. Just try. You'll see what I'm talking about.

Well... thats for a person who copies a WHOLE post. But some people prefer to take phrases, and only little tidbits of what is written by another person.

I mean, call me crazy. OH-KAY, call me perasan. But I recognize my style of writing. I mean, this is me. 

Thus why I suspect one closely networked blog have been using a few of the phrases that I've been using on my blog posts. Sometimes this person would copy a whole sentence, and sometimes he/she (not gonna reveal anything) would paraphrase, but in a way that I can still tell that it was somehow extracted from my own writings.

Its like, when I read this person's latest posts, I feel like some of the sentences this person uses is my own. A few even, I'm confident enough to say DOES belong to me. Coz the similarities is uncanny.

Especially when this person wrote about Paul the octopus the same way I did. Like. EXACTLY. And how this person also addresses Spain as La Furia Roja. All a sudden.

Entahla, might be a lil mengada that I'm complaining about this. But if this has ever happened to you, you'd know exactly HOW it feels like. Its like, DAMN thats mine! Its not me thinking "Okay I'm so original, that any other person who does this is copying me." NO! Thats not it. I mean, you just kinda feeeeeellll it. Okay.

But whatever. Ignore me. 

Just, IF that person happens to read this, and he/she feels a sudden GUT feeling yang tak berapa nak sedap, meaning he/she TERASA, then YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. 

Stop doing it.

I am watching thouuuuuuu.... MUAHAHAHAHAHA.


*off.


No comments: