Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hear Hear!


To come after I'm done with my last paper tomorrow:

1) A post solely dedicated to bragging about SPAIN's victory in World Cup 2010. Because, lets face it, everyone whose been supporting Spain since the very beginning has this right. Be patient yah people, bragging rights end when the next World Cup begins in Braaaazillll.

EURO in 2012 tak kira. BTW, we still have bragging rights for EURO as well. Wahaha. 

2) A movie review of Eclipse. WOH WOH. I have sooo much to say about this installment. A few good words, but mostly errr... a few mocks and distaste here and there.

Not that you'd even care, but HAH! IDC, I'll find just about any reason to write here. :-P

Since I'm already typing anyways, here's a few song suggestions coz short posts are so disheartening. LOL.

1) "Little House" by Amanda Seyfried.

I mean, its bad enough that Miley Cyrus had to be compared to this woman, acting skills wise, coz both stars in movies adapted from Nicholas Sparks novel, but now that THIS song is in Dear John's soundtrack, the girl has to take some beating about Amanda being a much better / worthy singer than she is.

And I kinda agree. 

I think mainly coz I'm not in favour of the 'New and Improved' Miley Cyrus. But its also because Amanda's voice really is that nice. Very soft. Makes me kinda want to kick her for being adorable + great actress + beautiful voice. Haish. *ceh, stress pulak.


2) "Paperweight" by Joshua Radin and Schuyler Fisk.

This one's also from Dear John's original soundtrack. Nice also. Errr... don't know what else to say now. Haha. You don't really need a reason for everything, yah?


3) "Ours" by The Bravery.

Okay, so I went a little overboard on downloading soundtracks. This one hails from the latest Twilight saga to have hit us in theatres: Eclipse.

I LOVE THIS SONG! LOL.

But just in case you don't know, Twilight soundtracks have had very good reputation ever since the first installment. I loved Twilight OST, favourite: Of course, "Flightless Bird, American Mouth" by Iron & Wine coz this song is basically the thing that saved me from going:

"OH CRAPPPPP THIS IS SOOOO CHEESY" during Edward and Bella's prom dancing scene.

New Moon's OST favourite: Too many. LOL. Just c-ch-ch-check it out yawww. And for now, this song here is my favourite from Eclipse. Second would be the one by Metric, I think, titled: Eclipse (All Yours). Oh and did I mention The Dead Weather is also on this?! I think I mentioned them in that post where I expressed my love for anything Alison Mosshart and The Kills.

So rad. I credit Stephenie Meyer to have set the 'kayu ukur' for Twilight OSTs, especially coz she wrote the whole saga listening to Muse. Which, could easily be the best band to watch live. Not that I have. But I've heard them, at the very least.

That is all. :-) 

No comments: