Friday, May 18, 2012

Pursuit of Happiness.


Its been a pretty odd week for me. Odd, and full of thoughts.

I blame all this thinking partially on being unemployed and 'on holiday' until I get started on my degree. But then again, after a while I realize that these thoughts, and these feelings were familiar. They just managed to stay in the back of my head for the time when I was more... well, occupied.

I won't go into details, but it basically concerns the pursuit of happiness.

Alhamdulillah I know that I am blessed with a great life, with great people and some may think it ridiculous that I wish for this when I have more than enough, but I just do.

I wish for none other than to be... happy. Not the temporary one that comes and go, but the feeling of utmost... relief and just pure unadulterated happiness that would run through my veins as soon as I wake up, and lasts until I rest my head back on the pillow.

And coincidentally, a few number of people I know share this same desire. And it feels great to be able to talk to someone who understands what it is that you really want. What it is that you wish to just... FEEL. Because more than often I would get comments like;

"You already have everything."

"How are you still not happy?"

And these remarks makes it seem like I'm not grateful with what I have, when I am. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting more. It sounds like a selfish and greedy request, but trust me when I say that it isn't. For reasons that I don't feel obligated to mention here.

Truth is; everyone's after something. And more often (if not always) than not; What they're after is something that brings much joy to them. Be it money, love, or an opportunity to work with the great minds of the 21st century. As humans, we would always want more.

I want to be happy. 

InsyaAllah.



*Picture is of something I painted using acrylic on canvas.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What Al Quran has thought us on how to be happy.

"Those who believe, and whose hearts find satisfaction in the remembrance of Allah: for without doubt in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction" 13:28

I'm just passing by btw :P

nrlndhrhznl said...

Thank you, dear anonymous!

And yes, I am well aware of what you quoted. I have not strayed away!

Indeed my pursuit of happiness is also with the intention of being better, and doing better for the sake of the Almighty.

InsyaAllah.

Anonymous said...

I understand how you feel. Having everything in the world but still wished you were eternally happy. Wishing that you can smile inside out, like how you feel on the day of your examination results that you worked hard on and you passed with flying colours. Wishing that you felt that happy every single day. Figuring it out is somewhat difficult but its a learning process. I'm going through the same thing too and honestly its the hardest thing ever. Anyways all the best! -silent reader

Anonymous said...

Yeah good for u :) and besides that, for me to be happy, having fun in doing something is important so always try to make whatever you do fun haha

Btw Im the 1st anon~

R. said...

wonderful blog!

greetings from switzerland (:
Gina

nrlndhrhznl said...

Silent reader: Exactly! :-)

Gina: Thank you!