Tuesday, May 15, 2012

21st Birthday Dinner.

Eja had been planning her 21st birthday weeks (if not months) ahead because according to her, she's never had a proper birthday celebration. Whatever that means. But if proper here means having celebrated your birthday at McDonalds' at one point in your life; then I've done it.

And I have no idea why I did it. Not only is it embarrassing to look back at, it also pisses me off because out of all mascots, they sent in Birdy when I was really hoping for a cameo from the purple tapai-like creature.

Okay random, but I just realized that the photo above is incredibly misleading. 

But yeah okay, so the dinner was held at Ben's at KLCC on the day of Eja's birthday itself; 11th of April. And since Nussow only got mille crepe and drinks from McDonalds (and a wrapped up car) for his birthday, that night we celebrated the anniversaries of both their arrivals onto the Earth.

The first three to arrive; Birthday girl, Fatin, and myself. 

Frankly it was my first time dining at Ben's. Mostly because I don't really ever bother eating when I visit KLCC. I visit KLCC only when its really necessary (aka to shop for particular things). Loved the atmosphere though I was surprised to see the place so packed! There were just tons of tables! Luckily enough Eja made a reservation in advance, and we got led into a private room. 

Nice, private, and lets face it; luckily kind-of soundproof because we are one loud bunch.

Deciding on what to order before the rest of the party arrives. I remember not eating anything the whole day, just to save stomach space for the dinner. 

Photo-op as soon as Nor arrived.

Waiting for the rest to decide on their orders. Picture above is of Tiq and Hawa. Lowest is of myself and Nor.

The other end of the table.

While waiting for the orders to arrive, its all chatter. And of course (like everyone else) we fell in love with the conversation cards Ben's provided.

Food's here! Oh, and Azdi, The Gym Buff. LOL WTF.

My order of lamb. It was really good, I finished the whole plate off. Or y'know, that or I was really really hungry.

I don't exactly remember when we started singing Happy Birthday, but lets just say that I managed to embarrass myself again by shouting 'SHABA!' (which literally means sabar or be patient) because I wanted to make sure someone could record it.

And so Hawa did;


After everyone was done eating, it was time to present the birthday boy and girl with their gifts!

I had a really tough time deciding what to get for both of them. I mean, I could just give them a book or a piece of accessory. But I decided against it because its not every year that I buy my friends presents (birthdays or not), so I thought why not put in the extra effort.

And I got really lucky! Went wandering around Mid Valley and The Gardens wishing a brilliant gift idea would pop up, until I saw that there was a massive discount on perfumes! Apparently it was a two-day thing so I scored a bottle for each Nussow and Eja at a good price! 


Went to the park after being the last ones to have left Ben's. Attempted to prank Eja with the Mentos in Coke idea, but it failed miserably... If you don't know what prank I'm talking about, see here.

I, of course, fell on the floor after the failure completely disregarding the fact that I was wearing a nice dress and 4-inch platforms.

Laughing at our own idiocy.

With Nussow! 

Outfit:
Tie dye dress - Zara
 (I recently found out that another shop sells the exact same one at the fraction of the price for this one... Ugh)
Necklace - Diva
Bag - Charles & Keith
Invisible Platforms: KG by Kurt Geiger

To end the post, here's the birthday girl with whoever that was left by the end of the night;

1 comment:

An said...

Hi! Love the tie dye dress on you, it's no long on Zara :( what's the other shop you saw it at?