Tuesday, December 20, 2011

With Love from Firenze.


Ok, so me kicking the leaning tower of Pisa didn't really work out... but good enough.

I know I said I'd update after every single day, but thats proven to be quite a task now that I'm here. By the time I reach the hotel room all I'm thinking about is sleep. (And Twitter, can't help it)

But of course I'd make an effort whenever I'm capable.
Plus, WHO BLOGS DAILY ON HOLIDAYS?

Quick update though; Our first day turned out pretty fruitless because our connecting flight from Dubai took AGES before jetting off to Fiumicino airport, costing us almost half a day. Plus the weather in Rome when we arrived was MAD depressing. Cold and wet and to think all I had on was a denim shirt and a mohair knitted cardigan. WTF I can officially study in London now.

But second day (today) was when we really got to see Italy. And... UGH. Italy is breathtakingly beautiful. This is probably the first time ever that I didn't sleep (almost) at all during an intercity bus trip because the scene throughout the journey (and I really mean THROUGHOUT) was... *cries* Immensely beautiful. Theres no word to describe it, and no pictures that can do justice and you must go there yourself to really experience everything.

I got super greedy snapping away at everything during the bus trip, alternating between the left and right side not wanting to miss anything. Coz there never was a dull view, I swear. You can stop anywhere along the road and you'd have an amazing background for a picture. I kid you not.

I NEED to come here again. But next time; No tour guides to rush me. 
Everything nice and slow, so I can REALLY take everything in. 


No comments: