Saturday, December 17, 2011

Things to Improve On, Things to Let Go Of.

I know I've been cheating lately. Again, might I add. A bunch of photos and just a few lines typed out isn't really what I would consider an actual blog post. 

Unless its a photography blog I'm running here. In which... it obviously is not.

Though for personal purposes, I bought myself a new camera lens and a new converter lens for my Olympus Pen. The camera lens is a 50mm f/1.8 and its a Canon EF lens... but whatever. There isn't a lot of micro 3/4 lenses out there, so I'm just going to have to opt for a lens adapter (that I have not yet find in stores, and I'm too scared to place an order online when it comes to things like this) that'll help fit any Canon EF lens to my Pen.

But if not... I'm hoping the 50mm lens would get to serve its purpose once I get my hands on my own Canon DSLR. Which I'm not gonna get until I've trained myself to use my Pen to its full potential and capture praise-worthy photos with it.

I know it all sounds cliche, and what I'm about to say is not any less; I don't plan on being a photographer or whatnot, but who wouldn't love to be able to take wonderful photos, right? Especially if the moment is something that you'd want to remember for possibly your whole life.



Plus with all the travelling I'm doing lately, its only fair if I do the places I visit justice by capturing their essence in a photograph. I'll start experimenting with Italy. Planning on paying extra attention to details, especially ones closely related to architecture.... which is EVERYTHING.

Pfft.

On the other hand, I'm finally feeling more relaxed about heading for a holiday and missing two weeks worth of classes. Especially since I've confirmed with my lecturers that I won't be missing any submissions and that there won't be any exams held during my absence. Quizzes, maybe. Hoping I can convince them to let me take them once I'm back if there is any.

I need this break. And I need this family vacation.

Emphasis on the word family because lately I've been feeling really dispatched from my own flesh and blood. I don't blame anyone but myself. I'm a big dreamer, and I work hard to achieve something I really really want that I very often forget to pay attention to anything else that is happening around me.

Even food is more than often ignored. Its so common for me to be feeling hungry in the middle of the night, and then realize that I didn't eat nothing throughout the whole day. I've lost 6 pounds (3 kgs) in less than three months, though my body measurements remains unchanged. So I assume my body's accumulating more fat and my non-existent muscles have turned... well. Even more non-existent (if that is even remotely possible to begin with). 

Muscle weigh more than fat, just in case you didn't know.

(Picture courtesy of NAI, further edited by me)


On a lighter note, or maybe not; Boys. So many of them need balls. Seriously. And the ones who have any are cocky as hell.

Speaking about that one boy I've been in close contact with, I feel like once I've returned everything of his that he lent me... its most likely that I won't be making an effort in establishing regular contact anymore. Why do I know this? Because its what I do every time a guy expresses his intention to become something 'more than friends'.

Though I do agree that its only logical for.. anyone, at this point to progress; I don't want to.

I may not be the most knowledgeable person in terms of love, but I know well enough that if I second guess and have to force myself to think about all the pros and cons of what the relationship may bring; Then its not worth it.

Its not. Falling in love should be easy. And I shouldn't have to be calculative.

With that being said, await my next post since I'll probably be blogging about my days in Italy accordingly. Because I know if I were to do it any later, I would find a list of excuses to not do it and continue to procrastinate... forever.

No comments: