Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Monday-n (Read: Mundane)


Mondays this semester consists of no morning alarms whatsoever due to class being only the one that begins at 3 p.m. Thus, comforters are almost always pulled up a little more so as to completely burrito-fy self. If the opposite happens; then it is easy to conclude that a submission is due later on. 

The only difference this Monday had in comparison to ones earlier in the semester is the talk by Farshid Moussavi, the Principal of her own architecture firm, FMA (Farshid Moussavi Architecture) and a Member of the AKAA (Aga Khan Award for Architecture) Steering Committee,  that a lot of us later finds out is rather prestigious award in the architecture world. 

Other than her sexy self (and I'm not being inappropriate for she did wear a top revealing most her collarbone and nearly all her back), another speaker was Li Xiaodong of Xiadong/Atelier who happens to be the architect behind the marvelous School Bridge project (Click HERE) and the recently finished project; the stunning Liyuan Library.

Unfortunately, I did doze off for a while when Miss Farshid was giving her talk, because ever since I entered SEMASHUR I cannot, for the life of me, stay awake all throughout... any talk, or lecture, or anything of that kind. Plus the fact that I was fasting might have been a contributing factor to my sleepiness. 

Nonetheless, I was awake during most parts of the lecture and eventually left the hall that night, deeply inspired (again, because I try to keep myself inspired everyday now by browsing all sorts of websites - not limited to architecture). It would be great if in the future I could make a name out of myself and make my designs known and easily recognized. 

Its like when you see buildings that are a little bit crazy and nonsensical and your mind just instantly clicks and go; Frank freakin' Gehry. Okay, maybe thats just me and other architecture students, but you get my point. 

To have a distinctive design that is your own. PSSSSH. TOO AWESOME.

Way. Too. Awesome.

No comments: