Thursday, September 29, 2011

Singapore : Day Two.


MRT station nearest to our hotel.


You KNOW when its a race weekend in Singapore. Even when you don't give a damn. They make sure to remind you of it... everywhere you go. This is a pop-up tent by Tag Heuer right smacked in the middle of Orchard.



Hullo there H&M.



Old Peranakan building that they reserved and converted into a quaint, air-conditioned indoor shopping centre.




No wonder they're all so disciplined!


I sat so bloody close to this thing and had bubbles pop in my face. Forever a child. 


Installations along the road around Marina Bay. 


Huge rotating solar-powered fans. 


"I'd rather be sailing"
 LOL obviously a smack directed to everything being F1-related at the time.


Standing on platforms again.


Makansutra for drinks nearby Esplanade.


Malu ler konon.



Waiting for nothing.



People jumping off to Shaggy.



Day two was pretty low-key. We headed out our hotel around noon and headed for Orchard road. Strangely enough, I didn't buy anything despite their Topshop reminding me so much of the one on Oxford Street (not big enough though, of course) and stocked a lot more than what we have here in Malaysia, a five-storey Forever 21 and the availability of H&M AKA Where-I-Used-To-Shop-All-The-Time-In- Egypt.

I reckon its because I wasn't in any mood to shop, thus why the only thing we did was walk into stores, look, touch, grunt and head out. Both of us basically just wanted to kill time and head out to the race grounds as soon as the events start at six.

Not that we have enough money to shop in Orchard anyways. Thus we headed for Bugis Street, because according to my one friend, its where you get all the cheaper clothes and good food. Unfortunately none of us really knew what to look for there, so yes, we did what we did best; Walk. And well, we spent a good two-hours or so dining and talking at Seoul Garden and before we knew it, it was almost six.

So we headed out to the race grounds for another practice round, followed by the qualifiers, pole positions and whatnot.

Though we got frustrated into the night because; We missed out on Shakira. I mean. WTF. I was just about ready to hear Whenever, Wherever live because *cough* I used to have her album on repeat at one point in my life.

Turns out her time slot was exchanged with that of Shaggy's. So while we were waiting for Shaggy at the supposed venue near Esplanade (for TWO bloody hours, mind you), Shakira was off in Padang where she should've been performing much later that night. 

We found out about this a bit too late, and realized that so did a lot others. Coz when we were headed for Shaggy, I could hear people murmuring things about Shakira, and how they thought they were going to go see in Padang... but NO.

Though Shaggy was not bad... could've better because his hits are obviously his old ones like Angel, It Wasn't Me, etc. so no one really knew the words to his newer songs. But PFFT as if that was an excuse for the lot to not shake their bunbuns. Even Hadzray was dancing and jumping around.

I felt like a stick compared to everyone else. I mean, mind you, I don't mind jumping around, but it has to be with someone I am already superrrrr comfortable with, lets say my sisters and my close friends. But yea Hadzray, not you. Sorry.

Not long after Shaggy's set begun I started feeling a little light headed, and began sweating even more (didn't think that was possible at the time). I WAS BLOODY WET FROM SWEAT OKAY. But I didn't want to spoil the fun for Hadzray, so I just stood still.

That is until he asked whether or not I was okay and at that point I could feel a major headache coming. So in the end I spoilt his fun anyways, and we headed back to the hotel.



To be continued....


No comments: