Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Good Before Bad.

Good news is; Myself and a few friends (namely Eja, Zue and Hawa) got to hang out with Wina. Yesterday makes it the second time that myself and Eja have seen her during her Summer break here from Egypt.

Eja and I had to restrain ourselves from heading out to Solaris Dutamas to confirm the good reviews of the restaurants / eateries there made by Eat Drink KL and finally decided on dining at Serai in the Empire Shopping Gallery, Subang.



From left to right its; Wina, Eja, Zue and Hawa.


Lime something steamed fish. *thumbs up!*


Kangkung belacan... A very.... questionable one. At least from this picture lah, in real life its nothing as dark as this. 


Buttered prawn.



Gambar ni aneh, but I kinda like it.

Wina had to leave right after we were done eating because her driver had been waiting for her for hours to send her back home to KL. So myself and the others headed for Toys 'R' Us afterwards because Hawa had the intention to buy herself a Tamagotchi.

Tamagotchi was nowhere to be found, but we kept ourselves occupied anyways by fooling around with all the toys there.




Rounded up the day with a slice (or two) of red velvet at Whisk.





Now on to the bad news; There was an explosion at Empire Shopping Gallery just this morning. The actual cause is still unknown, but many (including experts) are speculating that it might have been caused by a gas leak.

The scene is devastating. 

I drove past Empire on my way to college this morning... and its so sad. I feel sorry for the shop owners who are still uncertain about the condition that their shops are in. I've been following Whisk_KL on Twitter for a long time now and they tweeted pictures;



I sincerely hope that Empire would be able to run normally again soon, because I honestly do love the place. Dining and shopping there is a joy, most definitely. A family friend owns Serai... and Whisk serves my favourite macarons (in Malaysia) by far. :-(

I even bought my camera there, just recently.

Oh well, what we're capable of doing now is to pray for the best. I shall now end this post on a good note;


Why yes, it is a bit conceited of me to think that I'm the 'better' note of this post, but heh deal with it. The picture is of me disciplining my space 'pet' AKA the green ball of amoebic blob.

Till the next post! 

No comments: