Sunday, August 21, 2011

Finding Home.


Its so frustrating when I want to write a post, but I either (1) Have no idea what to write about, or (2) Write something halfway and never really finishing it for one or multiple reasons all at once. Especially now that I'm about to send my dearest Macbook for re-formatting, and I'm pretty sure that I won't be getting to see it in about a couple weeks or so. More so when Raya is just around the corner. 

So this morning I woke up, thanks to mother dearest who asked me whether I wanted to join her and my father to view houses. At first I was pretty reluctant because I've developed a much stronger liking to my bed compared to... well, ever, ever since the semester ended last Friday. My body doesn't really part with my bed before noon. 

And thats only because I personally hate waking up any time after twelve, because I'd feel like I've wasted my day. Which will usually result in me mentally abusing myself for doing so.

Bidding goodbye to my bed, I proceeded with brushing my teeth and washing my face, a regime that has lost all meaning to me because right now my face is a wreck, and I don't foresee how rubbing Japanese facial wash in circular motions on my face is going to help reduce anything in the time that I need all these blemishes and scars to disappear; First day of raya.

Not that I look presentable on the past first days of raya anyways. Boohoo. So blame me for thinking that once I turn twenty I'd look like a proper lady for once.

So yes, back to the topic at hand. 

The six of us headed out to Bukit Jelutong, where the house we're about to see is located. We've actually visited it the week before, but not knowing that an appointment needs to be made before we can enter the house, we only managed to walk around the premises. 



Looks bland from the outside, but *sigh* the interior is magnificent.

I took more than 200 pictures today, so it would be particularly insane of me to think that anyone would bother going through a blog post with that many photos. So I'm only putting up the ones that I love most.

Starting with; The dining room.



This has to be my favourite space in the whole house.

To be honest I've always wished for such a dining table after seeing it on The Selby (the feature for this one gay couple), but have always been a little 'chicken' about presenting the idea to both my parents, for fear that they would disagree. But it turns out they too loved this concept, and I am hoping they would really consider implementing the idea to our own future dining room.

But if not... then. Well. I'd have to wait till I have my own place. 


Second space would be the kitchen.

You see the photo above? You have no idea how much I. LOVE. IT. And its entirely because it means no more f-ing cockroaches in the kitchen since there would be no dampness and such. Its all steel. 

See, I DESPISE cockroaches. I hate them to the core, though too bad that all that hate is still isn't sufficient enough to buy me courage to kill them in one bloody penyapu-beating massacre. I know having steel instead of the usual wood cupboards in the kitchen won't promise me a hundred-percent that the kitchen itself would be roach free...

But hey! As long as I can spray them with insecticide and see (or most probably not, coz... EW) them wriggling to death and easily sweep them away after; I'm a pretty happy bunny. 

Less screaming from me would be good as well.


I love that everything is neither too quaint, or too modern, but just... balanced.

Other than those two spaces that oddly related to food (Hmmm), I also love how theres just a lot of textures and patterns and subtle colours.



I especially love something like this, coz I'm the kind of person who needs to feel and touch before I believe it. So yes, I would gladly enjoy running my fingers through this wooden ornament. 


Just plain rocks, but the impact they give to the whole outlook of the lawn. Amazing.



Again, look at the different elements and textures. SO BLOODY NICE.


And of course, who doesn't love a pool?

After we were done stealing interior design ideas from the house (coz yes, thats why we were there), all of us headed to our future house(!) that is progressing unbelievably fast. 


Our basement with like, fifteen parking spaces I think? WOOHOO (coz in my head this means more cars shall be bought, but of course... money doesn't grow on trees). Which is (almost) at the same height as the first floor of a normal house. 


That box in the middle is the elevator shaft. (Oh yes, no exercise... I wonder how much larger my thighs are gonna get)


Swimming pool, that looks NOTHING like it. FOR NOW.


Stairs going down to the patio and up into our house.

I feel like it was only like, a month ago that this land was just... well. A land. Mushy land. But now some things are beginning to take shape. SO EXCITED! Looking forward for them to finish on the first few elevations before proceeding with the second, and then the third level.

I can't wait to move in! *glee* The parents also promised a studio on the top level. Happy bunny. Happy bunny.




P/S: I'm so stubborn. And confused. I better not mess this one up though. :-(


1 comment:

AshrafRashid said...

there's studio in your house!.-_-".jealous much!