Wednesday, May 9, 2012

To be Healthy.


I've been making quite a commendable amount of effort to maintain a healthy lifestyle as possible. Which to be honest, isn't exactly me. But I like the change. Apart from the regular jogging (which I try to do every day now, but skip once in a while to alternate to different exercises), I'm also more cautious of what I put in my mouth.

Nowadays I prefer buying my own fresh ingredients, and cook my own meals. And its great! You get to control the amount of oil and salt you use, so you know what enters your stomach and decide which one you prefer not to.


Even though it is due to the fact that I would like to lose a few inches that I began to regularly exercise and eat in moderation, as time passed by I realized that being fit and being healthy should not just be because you want to look great in a pair of pants.

To be frank, I'm comfortable with how my body is currently. I'm... healthy. But is it for the long run? I'm not so sure.

I want to be fit and healthy so I can do all the things that I've always wanted to do (mountain climbing, cycle along the Taroko Gorge in Taiwan, etc) and not get tired before I'm even halfway to completing the task. I want to be 40 and still look... well, smashing.

I want my legs to be strong and be able to walk without aid till I'm 70 years old... and heck, even older. Its not impossible. I want to be able to promote to my kids a healthy lifestyle, and be able to catch up with them in old age.

Truth is not a lot really knows about the importance of health, and even if we do, we ignore and delay any initiatives till the next day, and the next, and the next (you know where I'm going with this). Especially the people my age, we take for granted all the energy that we have now without really considering the consequences that comes with getting older.

Maybe its because I'm twenty-one and a year older. Whatever it is, I'm glad I've realized and am now (at least) doing something about it.

No comments: