Sunday, May 13, 2012

KL Vintage Fest 2012.

My first time at the KL Vintage Festival was the one held last year, and which I wrote about here. I was tempted to go again this year, but at first decided against it so I could stay at home and get some work finished and also because I rarely ever score anything for myself at bazaars and events such as this one.

If you've been to a couple of these events, you would notice that a lot of the vendors sell the same things. Like, literally. Only a few offers you original designs, or pieces that they have thrifted themselves instead of depending on (from my observation) the same stockist everyone else does.

But towards the evening, under a few circumstances, I ended up going anyways. With who else (seriously) but Eja.


I super love these glasses that I scored at the last bazaar I went to at Jaya One, although it is slightly bended. But whatever, it was super cheap! And also because I've been looking for a pair of 'Lennons' after misplacing the one I bought from Topshop. 

Fatin had a booth there as well, and hers was one of the few that actually sells original designs. Make sure to visit her online store here. I highly recommend her maxi skirts (if she still has them in stock) because they're comfortable and has a nice cut! I have two of them myself.


Outfit : 
Denim Shirt - My mum's from back in the days
 (I love finding my mum's old clothes, because they're so nice and its sad to see them unworn)
Zipper jeggings - Zara
Boots - Dr Martens
Bag - F21 
(its bloody worn out, but its been my trusty go to bag since I bought it... 2-3 years ago?)

Taken by Eja.

Got lucky, or in my case UNlucky to have been spotted by Tongue in Chic again, after a first catastrophic picture I had taken. Just FYI, I am the most awkward person ever if you put me in front of a camera alone. I'd either be really stiff, or just plain ridiculous (to cover up my awkwardness, or so I think).

But this time I did okay... Or y'know. Or so I think.


The good thing about knowing someone with a booth there is... that you can totally stop by to cool yourself down in front of her portable fan. Pardon me, but I am a madass sweat machine. Its a curse when you want to stay pretty outdoors (okay but FML I sweat indoors as well when I'm in a hurry) but a bliss when exercising (I'm drenched within 5-10 minutes into a workout).

Taken by Eja.

And once cooled down (and your hair is dry again), its out for more shopping. Okay, to be frank I didn't buy much. I only got a denim jacket (for my sister) and an oversized denim shirt for myself that only costed 10 MYR each! Steeeaaallll. And four scarves (for 5 MYR each) which I picked out of that huge pile in the above picture.

I was cool, and calm, spreading out the scarves that caught my eye. Until a girl snatched one of it, and I didn't want to be bitchy and tell her 'Excuse me, but thats mine', so after that it was just frantic digging through the pile.


Went back to Fatin's, where both Fatin and I tied the scarves I bought into headbands. Super easy! The one Eja's wearing is a readily-made headband that Fatin made herself, and is selling on her online store (so go go go get one).


Left the event, and Fatin to her own devices around 7 pm. Having parked at Corus Hotel, opposite from where the event was held, Eja and I stopped to use their prayer room to perform our Asr' and Maghrib prayers.


After that we headed out to eat nasi padang at this restaurant along Jalan Yap Kwan Seng. Obviously I don't remember its name. And below was our spread, for two people. 


Pretty good food, though we made a mistake by ordering that avocado drink because it is already fulfilling on its own, and not to mention it didn't taste as good once its no longer cold.

Next time its Teh Botol Sosro all the way!

And after that, we went home. I kept up with the Arsenal match through Twitter and well... they drew. *sigh*

That aside, SUPER important match for us tonight and there simply is no other option than to WIN if we want to qualify for the Champions League next season.

Pray for my boys!


All pictures by my iPhone 4S (except for the ones by others, as mentioned), and unedited because I'm a lazy ass whose trial version of Adobe Lightroom just expired and has no idea how to get the full version without having to actually purchase the thing.

No comments: