Sunday, May 29, 2011

Knowledge Through Exploration.

Okay, I've officially put my HTC Hero to rest now. Though I still bring it with me sometimes, coz despite complaining about it causing problems, I still do love it. And to simply throw it on the side without a care in the world makes me feel guilty.

Coz I bought the phone for its name. Which is the name of my now deceased cat; Hero. I loved him very dearly. I miss you sayang. :'-((

So now I'm using a Blackberry.



My sister's to be exact. Oh wait, to be even MORE exact; My TWELVE year old sister. Coz yeah, apparently nowadays every kid deserves a Blackberry / iPhone / iPad / iPod and a Canon G12 / any other hefty priced DSLRs. 

LOL okay I sound bitter. :-P

I actually planned on asking my parents to get me the new Sidekick 4G whilst they're in the UK. But figured that I'd have to go through a lot of problems before I could properly put it to good use. Coz the phone is manufactured specially for T-Mobile, and bringing it into Malaysia to use would be pretty difficult. Not knowing whether it would be able to even function, even. 

Plus, I'm always up for recycled items. Saves money. So now I can just focus on saving up for my own iMac just in time for next year (once our new house is done, insyaAllah) and a LUMIX DMC-G3 which  I predict will reach Malaysian shores by the end of June.

Which reminds me, I bought myself an Oktomat today.



WHAT THE FISSSHHH IS ZATTTT? 

Well, its a lomography camera that takes a total of eight frames in one shot. Not exactly the best lomo cam to own for a beginner because usually people start with the ActionSampler, but I'm tamak okay I want EIGHT frames. Kalau tamak sikit lagi I would've gotten a Pop9. =____=

IDK whether I've been using it correctly... coz I have to wait till the whole film is out, and get it developed first.

I also bought a set of KOLA colour filters to come with;




I think somewhere along the way since I started going to Taylor's, I'm suddenly in love with snapping at anything and/or everything. And without noticing it, my friends are telling me that I'm constantly taking photos. Although a bit unrelated, one of them did crown me Queen of Ridiculous Photos, coz he said I'm always putting up the ugliest / silliest photos of myself up on Facebook. =___=

In spite of the fact that they are, particularly bad photos, especially in the eyes of people who understand photography (la konon) AKA my friend Paca (Yesss KAU) who almost too unabashedly told me that I'm a bad photographer, I think I much prefer it to be that way.

Over-thinking the results of my finger trippy-ness can be a bit stressful. OF COURSE I'd love for my photos to be amazing at times, but I'm more inclined to take random photos that are not subjected to time and place.  

So basically, what I'm trying to say is that; I wanna get more involved in photography. I mean, not seriously. But as yet another hobby. Ayah is always telling me to get involved in as many things as I can, so I'd have no problems with making connections in the future.

Its not all business la. I mean, when you know more about all kinds of things, its easier for you to find common ground with a stranger. Especially when you're stuck in one of those awkward situations where everyone is suddenly very interested in their toes.

My advice: Explore new things! You learn more that way! I may not have understood why my parents used to always push us into taking tennis and horse riding lessons, and well, anything really. But now it makes sense!

Yet more reasons to love my parents, each and every day, really. :-)

I'm always happy to say that I own a scuba diving license, I'm a pretty good go-kart racer (no one I know are able to beat me... yet), I taught myself how to play the guitar and piano (albeit not being very good at it), I can control a horse, and I AM on my way to be able to play golf on the field!


That being said, I can't wait to master the things I know the basics of and to continue exploring new things! 

Lastly, something that has been keeping me up almost every night now:


OMG I'm not even any good in Google Sketch Up! What happens when I'm introduced to AutoCAD and Photoshop! =____=

Andddd lastly, lastly. LOL. CONGRATULATIONS TO FC BARCELONAAAA! ^^ I actually managed to watch that match coz usually when I plan to catch a game, I'd usually sleep or forget or... heck. IDK.


No comments: