Saturday, January 22, 2011

This Is What Happens When You're Sleep Deprived.


Books are the plane, and the train, and the road.
They are the destination, and the journey.
They are home.

- Anna Quindlen.

I miss reading. So much, that I've stored all the books I have (textbooks not included) into a box, so that I wouldn't feel the need to reach over and READ.

It so happened that a few days ago, I got mega-bored with studying. Okay, so it was less than an hour, so maybe I was just peri-bored. Errr... No idea what that means, but I'm gonna go with... blogging at 0430 hours in the morning makes your head and thoughts a little groggy, if not entirely fogged out.

So what I planned was to innocently go through a few pages of Charles Dickens's 'Tale of Two Cities'. What I ended up doing was totally immersing myself in it for the next two hours. Though two hours only got me through a few pages, coz thats just how it is with classics. I need to read a line more than once to fully grasp the meaning of it all.




I love when that happens though. The moment you open a book, and you read the words, you unconsciously get sucked into this whole other dimension, where its only you, the contents of the book and... oh, whatever your head is rested against. Teehee.

I can't wait till I'm done with exams, so that I can comfortably snuggle with a good book, and SHUT MYSELF AWAY FROM THE REAL WORLD.

To love to read is to exchange hours of ennui for hours of delight.

Oh and how I NEED to exchange all of this ennui for delight. In case you didn't already know: Ennui means, something like, a lack of excitement / dissatisfaction. And where did I learn this word from: Gilmore Girls. HAHA. The show's not just witty, and funny, and has JESS MARIANO in it, it is also proven to have broaden my vocabulary thus, can be deemed as; educational.

Amazing, isn't it?

Exactly why I cringe upon seeing the download bar to Season 2. -_____-" 

See how I want from books to Gilmore Girls? Which comes to this: HAVE you even watched Gilmore Girls? I mean, you totally should. Aside from this:


Jess Mariano drenched by water from water sprinklers...

the show is also witty, funny, filled with epic wordplay, fast-paced, educational, with a lot of literary and theater references, and... all of which I had mentioned before. -____-"

Okay I obviously just need sleep. And this post is a result of fatigue with a hint of crankiness. JUST AN HOUR TO GO BEFORE SUBUH PRAYERS AND BEFORE I BURY MYSELF IN MY COMFORTER AND NOT COME OUT UNTIL ITS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.

Just so you know, the closer it gets to exams (since I came here), the more nonchalant I become. Yes, that, in other words mean that: While others are pulling their hairs out from frustration and stress, I sleep. And sing along (badly) to Amy Winehouse and Cee Lo Green. And doodle. And eat Maggi Goreng coz I'm out of snacks. And because I dislike having Maggi laying around, so thats what I do; I try to finish my supply as fast as I possibly can, so its not just lying around. I hate Maggi BTW coz I believe it slowly rots your brain. And drink tea. All FOUR of them. Namely: Herbal, Green, Earl Grey and Wild Berry tea. And dance like nobody's watching, coz NOBODY is, since everyone in my house is either at the library or sitting still, studying. And attempt to do cartwheels, thus leaving me with the inability to flex my wrist. And proceed with practicing the most ridiculous yoga poses, when I  should really begin with easy ones. And play Scott Porter and The Glory Dogs's 'Pretend' on guitar, and getting frustrated coz my I can't change chords fast enough, plus my fingers refuse to exert more pressure on the strings thus making it sound like I'm playing with a bunch of rubber bands, PLUS the increasing numbness from the temporarily useless wrist.

Okay bye.


No comments: