Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A New Post Has Come.

Ahhhhh finally another post. Pardon the Celine Dion pun. If you know what I mean. Haha jyeah. The bad thing is that all I can think about is sinking my nose into the book I'm currently reading: "Beastly" by Alex Flinn, and eventually fall asleep. 



And then when people try to wake me up for sahur I'll say something that even I myself is unable to comprehend.  Complete with random hand movements, mind you. And like, 5 minutes before adhan subuh, I'd grab a water bottle next to me, literally, take about three gulps, and fall into a temporary coma. Until adhan, of course. Ok well, maybe 30 minutes later than the adhan... but whatever.

I think I've touched the topic of TV series justtttt about enough in the last two posts. LOL. So I'm going to refrain myself from talking about such topic... with the exception of a worthy mention that Kim Hyun Joong will be playing the role of the main character in upcoming Korean series: Mischievous Kiss, adapted from a famous manga Itazura na Kiss.
Hell. If I knew of this earlier, I would've downloaded all of Itazura na Kiss' scanlations, and NOT having to purchase them. -____-" Mind you, the same happens to other mangas that have been adapted into TV series' or movies. Example: Hana Yori Dango. Yes, smart people these publishing companies. They just know people would go into a frenzy, and decide to license said mangas.

SAD. That I have to spend approx. 100MYR for two volumes of Itazura na Kiss. And to think there are loads moreeee. And order the 3rd and 4th volume from Amazon coz I can't find it any bookstores. Yes. I checked Kinokuniya. If you happened to be searching for Itazura na Kiss as well, then I'm sorry. Coz I'm that b**** you cursed for nabbing them off the shelves.

MUAHAHA. *clears throat.

And just to show off more polaroid pictures (hah!), here's a photo of the Squall Leonhart plushie I purchased from Amazon. 


Taken *literally* upon waking up. Coz I have nothing to look forward in the morning like that. Or perhaps there is an off-chance that I was half-asleep when this photo was taken, and I was actually picturing plushie Squall as, errr.... non-plushie Squall.

Or something.

Other than that, I am becoming more of an Android fangirl by the day. Haha. Yes, when most people opt for a Blackberry or an iPhone, I boast about owning a HTC Hero, that seems a thousand times more relevant with Android Market, than without. Coz without it, that phone of mine is just a shameless piece of iPhone competitor. 

Now I have all sorts of apps. My favs include FXcamera (yes, this app is responsible for the polaroid-like pictures above, and those of Toy Camera-like ones, like this picture I took of our break fast feast just last night:-


Say it with me now: NICEEEEE. Ahah, okay enough.

Theres also this app called Google Sky Map. Obviously enough, since Androids are powered by Google. Lots kinda rad, in a way that its like Google Earth, but instead, its the map of the sky, and it helps you to find constellations, stars, and planets and such. All I have to do is point my phone to the sky, and look. And hope that for once the pollution would clear up so I can actually SEE some stars.

SERIOUSLY. -_____-" Starry nights just don't exist anymore,

Other app that brings me joy is Laputa Book Reader, coz it kinda transforms my phone into a miniature Kindle. Only even better, coz I don't have to pay a single penny to download a book. The only bad thing about this is that it stresses my eyes.

Aside from the aforementioned topics, since I've returned, I've received a lot of questions similar to this:

"So... how do you like it there in Egypt?"

I always don't know how to answer, though I ought to have prepared myself with one, considering that my parents' friends confirm2 tanya punya.

My answer always seems to be an uncertain: "Okayyy."

Coz in a way, thats kinda exactly how I feel. I don't hate studying there in Egypt, but I don't necessarily have to LOVE it either. I don't know how many times I've mentioned this, but I'm gonna do so again:

I'm grateful that I've been given the opportunity to study medicine. And under a scholarship. Which is, super awesome in my opinion since thats one thing I don't have to depend on my parents' income on. They've supported my everything, and its a nice feeling knowing that you're taking a few weight of their shoulders, though parents won't necessarily address supporting my education as a "burden", but you know what I mean.

I'm even more thankful for the close companions and friendships that I've built over the time.

But honestly speaking, people shouldn't come to me if they expect to hear good words concerning Egypt. I guess its just not my kind of place, y'know. I can manage to LIVE, of course. But, when I come back home, and I hear the stories my friends tell me of UiTM and such, I can't help but feel a pang of envy.

I've always wanted to experience that kind of university life. Where classes are something you enjoy, and you make friends with people from different faculties, you drive to class, you hang out after class, etc etc. And its not like that at all in Egypt.

Its a university I study at, but the experience is just. Well, not what I expected. Classes are okay, the lecturers are good. But the only friends I make are ones studying in the same field, and even a lil bit more unfortunate: ALL Malays.

Coz one of the main reason I want to study overseas is so that I could make friends that are not so close to home, y'know? Thats why England have been my choice, even when my parents asked me to consider France, coz English have always been one of my strongest points, and it'd be nice to use it fully in a conversation. 

And the idea of an after-class joint is well, home. -____-" Now, I'm not the most active person on Earth, and I might even be one of the laziest, but trust me when I say that I enjoy walking around. You ask me to go somewhere, and most probably my answer would be "YES". Coz I enjoy that kind of thing. So, honestly, if I were studying here in Malaysia, most probably you won't catch me going straight home after class. At the very least I'm gonna drop by three 7 Elevens in Shah Alam to find one that actually has a functional Slurpee machine to gulp down.

Oh and congrats to my dear sister Lisa, who will be studying in Manchester for... 2 years. Yeah. I'm ecstatic for her, yes I am. But I can't help but go green with envy as well. I mean, I was the one whose been targeting to study in England since I was 10-11 years old, even making it my number one goal, and main reasons behind, basically, a lot of major decisions, one being: enroll in a boarding school when I was initially one of the main people against it.

I was the girl who doodled "London" all over her ring file filled with exam question papers in Standard Six. I was the girl who always, always make it out a point to write "London" / "England" / "UK" on a piece of paper and place it beneath a transparent desk wrapper in high school at the beginning of every year. I was the girl who cried her heart out, but never told anyone, when she found out (around 3 am) that she got a scholarship to the Middle East instead of the one place she's always wanted to go. And literally banged the laptop against the mattress.

But in the end, my sister, who has never expressed much desire to study there until she nearly graduated with a diploma, got the chance.

*sighs. Life can be unfair, but, when I think about how there has to be a reason why God fated you to something, it helps calm me.

And... despite everything, she's my sister, my flesh and blood, and DNA (haha) after all, and I'm always gonna be more happy FOR her, than envious OF her. 

Anddddd thats about enough I think. In less than 2 hours, its gonna be time for sahur. So, till later readers! (If you even exist anymore.)

BYE!

1 comment:

hani sabri said...

Hey, totally agree with you about the whole Egypt thing. I'm actually planning to quit Egypt and stay in Malaysia and study in UiTM.

BTW, what did your sister study in that managed to get her into Manchester ?